Community First and Broadband
Improving rural access to Superfast Broadband is an important priority for Community First and one that is recognised by Defra which provides funding for involvement in this issue. As the work to improve Wiltshire & Swindon’s broadband gets underway Community First will also have a part to play by:
- Encouraging communities to get broadband issues on the agenda
- Encouraging communities to include broadband as a topic for community led planning
- Providing communities with information and support about funding such as the Rural Community Broadband Fund.
- Providing information and guidance about community broadband solutions
- Collecting information about broadband issues and challenges to help influence future services
- Working with rural services such as village halls and Local Councils to widen the provision and use of broadband